Clean Rooms are essential in laboratories as they trap the particles or microbes or the foreign particles entering the laboratories. There are various air filters which are used to do it. Even various other physical factors are controlled in the cleanroom like temperature, pressure, humidity, etc., here further we will discuss the hard wall clean rooms.
Complex wall cleanrooms are considered the traditional type of cleanroom in which all the substances are required to control the measures in the cleanroom.
Benefits Of Using Hard wall Clean Rooms
Hard wall cleanrooms are the traditional type of cleanroom. Hard wall clean rooms cost more expensive than soft walls or the modulated clean rooms. However, as it costs expensive, there are various benefits of using hard room clean rooms that are:
- The material used in the formation of the hard wall cleanrooms is the best and is of excellent quality.
- Availability of almost all the substances which are required to maintain the laboratory ISO measures.
- Air quality is much purer, and the use of the filters is of good quality.
- Sound quality is much better in the hard wall as compared to the soft wall.
- Even privacy and security are much more in the hard wall.
- The shelf life of the hard wall is more as compared to that of the soft wall.
- There is very little possibility of leakage or any entry of the foreign particles in the laboratory, whereas there are some chances of microbial leakage in the soft wall cleanroom.
Hardwall Cleanrooms should be used by the users who have to stick to a single laboratory for a long period of time. As it costs more than the soft walls clean room, but if the lab is permanent for a long time, then they should go for the hard wall clean rooms. As most people say, we should wait for some time and invest in the good thing.
Demerits of Using Hard wall Clean Rooms
As we know, that coin has two phases, in the same way, if there are merits of something, then here are various demerits also. There are lots merits of using the hard wall clean room, but there are some drawbacks also.
- There is a huge difference in the cost of the hard wall and soft wall clean rooms. Soft wall cleanroom costs about 100-150$ per square feet whereas hard wall cleanroom costs about 1500$ per square feet.
- It takes much time to get constructed, and obviously, it will take more time to get delivered. At the same time, the soft wall cleanroom is constructed in very little and is delivered soon.
- Once the hard wall cleanroom is constructed, then it cannot be shifted to any other place. If a company wants to increase the surface area, then they can’t shift hard walls to another place, but they have to break it down then they have to construct it at the new place.
- Hard wall cleanroom cannot be reconfigured or located in any other place. At the same time, a soft wall cleanroom can be relocated or reconfigured at any time.
As there are some merits along with the demerits but it is a very good thing which should be used in the laboratories so that the product should not be contaminated. As if the product is not contaminated, then there will be better results; otherwise, there will definitely be some variations that could affect the research, and even it can lead to huge losses.
As we all know that there are various types of cleanrooms. Each cleanroom has its own specifications. Here above, we have discussed the hard wall cleanroom. Hard wall cleanroom is considered to be the traditional cleanroom along with the various best feature in it. There are various features in it. The material which is used in the formation of the hard wall cleanroom is the best of all the clean rooms. There is no chance of any leakage, and even the substances present in the room are the best, and even the pressure control is much more is controlled in hand.
As everything has demerits it also as some of them too like it is costly, it takes a long time to be delivered, it cannot be relocated, and even the space in the cleanroom cannot be increased. If the researcher wants to relocate the cleanroom, then it is impossible to shift the hard wall cleanroom. He has to break it down, and he has to order it for the new place again. But overall, this is the best clean room with the best and accurate results because of the best filters and other things.